Sunday, June 15, 2008

I. Laggin'

Jet lag is for the birds. Friday morning I woke up in Athens, Greece, and apparently my body has decided it was quite happy with Greece time; thank you very much. I've been up since 4 a.m.--although, I must say, the six hours of straight sleep I got last night are better than I've done in the last four days!

My trip to Europe was fabulous! Three weeks and six countries (unless you also count the eight hours I spent in the London Heathrow airport, seeing Liechtenstein from a motor coach, and Greenland from the airplane on the way home). Phew. Fabulous and exhausting would probably be more accurate. As much fun as was had I was extremely excited to head home--I missed T.J. way too much by that third week! I will try to upload some of my, um, 1200 or so pictures soon to create some slide shows for anyone who is interested in seeing pictures. If I'm really lucky I might even find some time to write about the trip.

The day before I left T.J. and I decided we were going to break our lease and move into a condo less than a block away. Our friends Eric & Carrissa were moving out as Eric accepted a job in Poulsbo (*sniffle*). It wasn't cheap to break our lease but we're looking forward to 500 extra square feet (including an extra bedroom), a two-story floor plan, and a smaller monthly rent payment (considering we won't have to pay for storage). We will be moving sometime before the 2nd of July. Considering all this, you may understand how thrilled I was to arrive home to find the following surprise:


T.J. packed while I was gone. Even the kitchen is packed (minus a few essentials for the next week or so). He probably packed about 75% of the apartment. I was THRILLED! Thank you x3 Sweetheart! Now he is trying to convince me that we should hire movers to actually move it--I'm willing to get some cost estimates.

Despite the fact are in the midst of moving (and the fact that I'm still reeling from my recent travels), we are heading to Pennsylvania with a friend on Thursday to attend NEARfest (North East Art Rock Festival). T.J.'s favorite band, Liquid Tension Experiment, is included in the line up. LTE is and instrumental band composed of a number of musicians from other bands so they rarely perform together--making this a great opportunity! This summer is really going to go down in history as amazing.

No comments: