Friday, July 4, 2008

IV. Happy 4th Everyone!

I've always loved the 4th of July. Family, friends, food, fireworks, flags, music, warm weather...and all without the planning and stress that can be part of the Christmas holiday. Plus, I grew up in a very conservative and extremely patriotic family--I still tear up when I hear the national anthem--so celebrating Independence day just makes me happy.

Now that it is the day of, I'm a little sad I didn't make plans to attend the 4th of July festivities up in Sedro Woolley (that's right, I said Sedro Woolley...utter hic town) at my cousin's place. I just found out that most of my Dad's family is going to be there (5-generation pictures will be taken!). But alas, I have plans to stay home and unpack. Whoopee! Actually, as much as I'll miss the family shindig, I'm sure today will be memorable. Our friends, Hannah and Lars, are coming down from B'Ham to entertain us while we unpack. What sports! Maybe we can find some chicken to grill. Of course, that'll require finding the grill...

Since I probably won't get 4th of July themed pictures this year I'm pulling out some photos from years past! These pictures are from 2005.





Top to Bottom


Marc and Tye. Looks like they'd been playing hard and needed some more cookies.

Ammon, Faith, Rebekah & Savannah having a good time on the trampoline.

Brianna & Rachael.

I love this picture! This is Jacob, one of my cousin Kurt's youngest kids. I think my safety talk took the joy out of his sparkler. Poor kid!

The guys playing some ball: T.J., Bret, Craig, Kurt, Troy, Scot (no, I'm not forgetting those extra "t"s).

Hanging out: Bret, Ann, Natalie, Craig, Tye, Scot, Kurt

No comments: